Covid-19 Support Package For Small Businesses, Families And Individuals
Member for Cootamundra Steph Cooke has welcomed a package of measures from the Australian and NSW Governments to support individuals and businesses impacted by the latest COVID-19 outbreak.
Under the 2021 COVID-19 package the COVID-19 Disaster Payment will be further expanded and increased to $600 if a person has lost 20 or more hours of work a week or $375 if a person has lost between 8 and less than 20 hours of work a week. Other key components of the 2021 COVID-19 package include:
• An extension to the previously announced business grants program. This means eligible businesses with Australian wages below $10 million can claim grants between $7,500 and $15,000 to cover the first three-weeks of restrictions, and takes the potential size of the program to $2.1 billion;
• Up to $2 billion committed to the scheme to provide cashflow support to businesses to help them retain staff, to be delivered together with the Commonwealth.
• Payroll tax waivers of 25 per cent for businesses with Australian wages of between $1.2 million and $10 million that have experienced a 30 per cent decline in turnover, as well as payroll tax deferrals and interest free repayment plans;
• A new grants program for micro businesses with a turnover of between$30,000 and $75,000 which experience a decline in turnover of 30 per cent. The businesses will be eligible for a $1500 payment per fortnight of restrictions.
• A capped grant of up to $1,500 for residential landlords who are not liable to pay land tax who reduce rent for tenants estimated at $210 million;
• Land tax relief equal to the value of rent reductions provided by commercial, retail and residential landlords to financially distressed tenants, up to 100 per cent of the 2021 land tax year liability. Small and medium sized businesses will be able to register their interest for support payments from 14 July through Service NSW by visiting service.nsw.gov.au/ or calling 13 77 88.
To apply for the COVID Disaster Payment contact Services Australia by visiting servicesaustralia.gov.au or calling 180 22 66.
Cowra Wine Show Public Tasting Postponed
Due to the current Covid Restrictions, The Cowra Wine Show and The Australian Single Vineyard Wine Show Committee has made the decision to change the Public Tasting to November 20th. Tickets are valid for the rescheduled date listed without the need for exchange. Patrons unable to attend the new date may obtain a full refund through Ticketek.
Sign up now for the latest news from the Cowra area direct to your inbox.